NOTICE TO BUSINESS VISA APPLICANTS
Please note that to qualify for a Business Visa, you must be invited by a registered Myanmar company or a registered Chamber of Commerce Association. NGO/INGO's invitation letters are not eligible. To apply, an invitation letter and a company registration certificate of the company inviting you must be submitted. The invitation letter must be addressed to you and state the purpose and the timeframe of your visit. The inviting company’s status in Myanmar Companies Online (MyCO) must be registered. Please refer to a sample invitation letter
Travelers must have the following documents:
a certificate for full vaccination against COVID-19 at least 14 days before arrival to Myanmar, with one of the following vaccines which has been approved by the Ministry of Health (MOH). Vaccine Certificate must be attached to the application.
(Children under 12 years old are exempted from this requirement, if they travel with fully vaccinated parent(s) or guardian(s). The name of vaccine, country and date(s) of vaccination must be clearly stated in the certificate, along with the particulars of the travelers according to their passport.)
- CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Ltd.)၊
- AstraZeneca or Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford/SK Bioscience (Korea) /Siam BioScience/ Serum Institute of India (SII))၊
- Pfizer- BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine or Comirnaty (Pfizer Inc., & BioNTech)၊
- Janssen or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson)၊
- Moderna (ModernaTX, Inc.)၊
- Sinopharm or COVILO or BIBP-CorV (Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd)၊
- Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac) (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)၊
- Sputnik Light (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)၊
- Covaxin by Bharat Biotech၊
- Myancopharm by Ministry of Industry, Myanmar၊
- Nuvaxovid (NVX-CoV2373) vaccine, Novavax Co.,Ltd၊
- COVOVAX (NVx-CoV2372), Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.၊
- CorBEvax TM, Biological E, Limited
a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival to Myanmar must be presented at the airport health counters.
(Children under 6 years old are exempted from this requirement. The negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result and the date of the test taken must be clearly stated in English, along with the particulars of the travelers according to their passport.)
- Inbound Travel Accident Insurance Policy with COVID-19 coverage purchased from Myanma Insurance. Insurance Certificate must be attached to the application. (Detailed information can be obtained at the Myanma Insurance’s website www.mminsurance.gov.mm and the insurance can be purchased online at www.mminsurance.gov.mm/inbound-travel-accident-insurance.)
- Travelers must present a printed copy of each document mentioned in the paragraph 2 to airline staffs upon check-in before boarding the aircraft destined for Myanmar as well as to the respective airport health authorities upon arrival to Myanmar.
Travelers must submit a Health Declaration Form to the respective airport health authorities upon arrival to Myanmar. (A legal action will be taken against a traveler, if he or she provides any incorrect information in the Health Declaration Form.)
- Travelers shall be subject to a thermal screening and necessary health check to be conducted by the respective airport health authorities, upon arrival to Myanmar.
Travelers must undergo a COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) at the place designated by the Ministry of Health and airport authorities and must bear the cost of 15,000 MMK.
- Travelers who have obtained Online Visa are who are foreigners shall not be allowed to take relief flights.
- Travelers shall report to the respective health authorities if they have developed signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during their stay in Myanmar. (Contact details of the respective health departments can be obtained from the designated hotels.)
- Travelers shall be immediately isolated and taken to a hospital or treatment center or hotel designated by the MOH as per health protocols, if they are found to be symptomatic of COVID-19 or they are tested positive for COVID-19 during the RDT test.
- If the result is negative, travelers are allowed to go about their activities.
- Travelers must strictly follow the instructions made by the respective health authorities. Any breach will result in legal action in accordance with the existing laws and procedures.
- The stipulations are subject to change depending on the COVID-19 situation.
Continue To Apply